Your One-Stop Shop to Become a Texas Notary
The American Association of Notaries offers a simple step-by-step guide to become a Texas notary. With our help, becoming a Texas notary is easy and hassle-free.
To become a notary public in Texas, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a legal resident of the State of Texas
- Have no criminal convictions or felonies
- Provide a 4-year $10,000 notary bond
- Complete an application approved by the state
- Pay $21.00 state application fee
- Purchase a notary stamp and a record book once you receive your notary commission from the state
- Take the oath of office, mailed or emailed to you once you are approved as a notary by the state
How It Works
Complete the application form on our website
Our application wizard will guide you step-by-step to properly complete the application online and order notary bonds and supplies.
Optional - E-sign the application
Once you complete the application process, we will download your signed notary application and file it with the state. This eliminates the need to mail, fax, or email us your notary application.
Purchase notary supplies and a four-year, $10,000 notary bond
The state requires each notary to pay a $21.00 state filing fee and to be bonded for $10,000. The cost of the four-year notary bond is only $50. At a minimum, a Texas notary must have a notary stamp and record to perform their notarial duties.
Mail, fax, or email us your Texas notary application
The state requires a copy of your signed notary application to be filed electronically for you to be commissioned as a Texas notary. We will promptly file your application with the state and get you approved in seven to ten working days.
Complete Texas Notary Package
Everything you need to become a Texas Notary
Including a One-year Membership in AAN
Limited time offer - over 40% in savings on supplies
|Texas four-year, $10,000 notary bond||$50.00|
|State filing fee||$21.00|
COSCO self-inking rectangular notary stamp
(Item #210) Available in 11 case colors.
|- or -|
TRODAT P4 self-inking rectangular notary stamp
(Item #201) Available in 13 case colors.
|Notary record book (Item #701)||$ 9.95|
Notary public manual
Emailed in a PDF format
|Notary fee schedule||Included|
|One-year membership to AAN||$19.00|
* This package may be purchased separately at the same net savings without the state mandatory four-year, $10,000 notary bond for $39.95 plus $6.95 for shipping. Enter item # P101 on the order form. The Texas four-year, $10,000 notary bond may also be purchased separately for $50.00. Discounts and savings apply only to supplies and not to notary bonds or errors and omissions insurance policies.
Notary bond, state filing fee, notary stamp, and notary record book are required by Texas notary law.
New! Paperless Online Application to Become a Texas Notary
Our paperless notary application wizard will guide you step-by-step to complete and e-sign your Texas notary application online with a click of your computer mouse. This efficient paperless process will eliminate the need to print, scan, and then mail, fax or email your Texas notary application. It's your choice to apply online or offline. Either way, we make it fast and easy for you to become a Texas notary public.
Why Complete Your Application Online?
Speed - Your application will be approved faster, which means you'll get your commission sooner!
Accuracy - The Secretary of State will use your information exactly as you type it. You will not have to worry about someone else making a mistake with your application.
Tracking - You will be able to track the status of your application online, and you will receive notifications regarding the status of your application.
Payment option - You will have the choice of paying for your application online using a credit card, or you can pay by check.
Multiple Applicants - Ideal for businesses! Unlike other websites, we allow you to apply for notary commissions for more than one person.
Flexibility - You can save your application at any point and come back later to finish it.
Don't want to apply online?
Applying online is safe, easy, and fast, but if you'd prefer to apply offline, just follow these three simple steps to start the application process.
We will get you approved as a Texas notary in five to ten working days.
- Click here to print the Texas notary application forms.
- Select the complete Texas notary package listed on the order form for $89.95. Choose your stamp ink and case color. All our products are manufactured in-house, comply with Texas notary laws, and come with a lifetime replacement guarantee.
- Mail us your completed Texas notary application, order form, and payment. We will review your application for accuracy, issue the bond, and file it with the Secretary of State. We will ship your supplies to you once you are approved as a notary public.
Texas notary bonds and errors and omissions insurance policies provided by this insurance agency, the American Association of Notaries, Inc., are underwritten by Western Surety Company (established 1900). American Association of Notaries is owned by Kal Tabbara, a licensed insurance agent in Texas.